Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 35 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- pink pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 flax egg (2 tablespoons flax and 2 tablespoons water)
- 1 pack Violife Just Like Cheddar Shreds
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- mint, roughly chopped
- Wash Brussels sprouts and finely slice. Place in bowl with green onions.
- In separate bowl, whisk flour, salt, black pepper, pink pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Add dry ingredients and flax egg to Brussels sprouts mixture then add cheddar shreds. Mix well and let rest in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- In frying pan, heat olive oil. Use hands to make one patty with 2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Shallow fry 4 minutes on each side. Remove and place on plate with paper towels to drain excess oil. Repeat with remaining mixture. Garnish with mint.