Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced poblano pepper
- 1 package (1 1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese, divided
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground veal, diced onion and diced pepper until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water.
- Break cream cheese into chunks and add to skillet; simmer 3-4 minutes, or until cream cheese melts into veal mixture.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup colby jack cheese; stir to combine.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add pasta shells. Cook according to package directions and drain.
- Immediately separate shells on plate to avoid sticking together.
- Pour salsa into 13-by-9-inch baking dish and spread to cover bottom.
- Fill each pasta shell with 1-2 tablespoons veal mixture and place in baking dish.
- Top stuffed shells with taco sauce and sprinkle remaining colby jack cheese on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and shells are heated through.