- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 medium avocado, halved, pitted and diced
- 1 large ear of corn, husks and silk discarded, kernels removed
- 1-2 medium fresh jalapenos, seeds and ribs discarded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
- 8 ounces ground skinless turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make salsa: In small bowl, stir tomatoes, avocado, corn, jalapenos, onions and lime juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- To make tostadas: Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Lightly spray tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Using fork, pierce tortillas several times to prevent from filling with air.
- Bake tortillas 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- In medium nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, cook turkey, chili powder, cumin and coriander 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally to turn and break up turkey.
- Add beans and water. Cook 5 minutes, or until beans are heated through. Using potato masher, coarsely mash beans. Remove from heat.
- To assemble tostadas, spread turkey mixture over each tortilla. Top with salsa.
Nutritional information per serving: 260 calories; 7.5 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 4.5 g monounsaturated fat; 18 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrates; 8 g dietary fiber; 7 g sugars; 19 g protein.