Prep: 35 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 package (19.76 ounces) Johnsonville Italian Sausage Links
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian recipe stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup cream sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Grill Italian sausage according to package directions; cut into half moon slices and set aside. In soup kettle, sauté onion, celery, sweet pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add sausage and remaining ingredients; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until flavors are blended.
Serving Suggestions: Sprinkle chili with grated Asiago, Romano or Parmesan cheese.