Makes: 6 servings (1 wedge each)
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 3 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat greased, oven-safe 10-inch skillet in oven for 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs and water in large bowl with a fork or whisk. Stir in rice, feta cheese, Cheddar cheese, picante sauce, cilantro and oregano. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Arrange tomato slices on egg mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut frittata into 6 wedges.
Tip: You can use any type of cooked rice for this recipe. It’s a great way to use up leftover rice from your take-out Chinese dinner.