Prep time: 25 minutes plus 2-6 hours inactive
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red chili pepper, finely minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 3 Maple Leaf Farms All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts, thawed and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 12 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- In bowl, whisk soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, red chili pepper and cilantro. Set aside.
- Cut duck breast meat into 2-inch cubes and place in container. Pour 1/2 bowl of marinade over duck. Cover and refrigerate 2-6 hours.
- In small saucepan over low heat, simmer remaining marinade 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to sauce. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Drain duck and discard its marinade.
- Thread duck on skewers, alternating with pieces of red bell pepper, green onion and zucchini.
- Grill skewers 3-4 minutes on each side. When done, duck should be slightly pink in center.
- Serve kebabs with room temperature sauce.