Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 2 spaghetti squash (2 pounds each)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional to taste, divided
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup diced red onion, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) Lindsay Black Ripe Sliced Olives
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup Lindsay Black Ripe Medium Olives
- 1 lime, wedged
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In microwave, cook one whole squash 3 minutes. Repeat with second squash. Cut each in half and scrape out seeds. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over each half and rub around until insides are coated. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper, to taste; place on parchment-lined baking sheet center down to lay flat. Bake 50 minutes.
- Heat large saute pan over medium-high heat. Put 2 teaspoons oil in pan then chicken, 3/4 cup onion and garlic. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, chili powder and remaining salt; stir to combine. Bring mixture to boil and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes to reduce liquid, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sliced olives and lime juice.
- When squash is cooked, scrape insides with fork to release from edge then create nest. Put 1/4 of chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese in each squash half.
- Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top with avocado, diced tomatoes, remaining onions, jalapeno, whole olives and lime wedges.