- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 cups vinegar
Raspberry Pickled Onions:
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound sweet onions, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Spinach and Frisee Salad:
- 8 ounces baby spinach, cleaned and dried
- 8 ounces frisee lettuce, cleaned, dried and torn
- 2 ounces Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 6 ounces Raspberry Pickled Onions
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces almonds, slivered and toasted
- To make Raspberry Vinegar: In clean glass container, combine frozen raspberries and vinegar; cover tightly. Refrigerate 3-7 days prior to use.
- Pour vinegar through fine strainer or cheesecloth-lined strainer into clean glass container. Cover container tightly and store in refrigerator. Discard raspberries.
- To make Raspberry Pickled Onions: In medium, non-reactive container, combine Raspberry Vinegar, oil, sugar and salt. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add onions and raspberries. Toss well to blend and coat onions.
- To make Raspberry Vinaigrette: In blender, combine Raspberry Vinegar, shallot, Dijon mustard, honey and salt. With motor running, slowly add oil in steady stream. Reserve remaining Raspberry Vinegar.
- Once blended, pour Raspberry Vinaigrette into clean, non-reactive container; cover and reserve in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make Spinach and Frisee Salad: In medium mixing bowl, combine spinach and lettuce. Add Raspberry Vinaigrette and toss well to coat.
- Plate 4 ounces mixed greens.
- Top mixed greens with 1 1/2 ounces Raspberry Pickled Onions, 1/2 ounce feta cheese crumbles and 1/2 ounce toasted almonds. Repeat with remaining greens, Raspberry Pickled Onions, feta cheese crumbles and toasted almonds.