Prep: 25 minutes
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Garlic toast
- In skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place cheese in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until melted, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in salsa, seasonings and sausage. Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with garlic toast.
Serving Suggestions: Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicier dish. Serve garlic toast with diced tomatoes and chopped black olives. To serve in a bread bowl, cut off the top of a round loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cube removed bread. Spoon cheese dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes.