Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 4 Atkins Ranch grass-fed lamb loin chops
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Persian cucumber, small diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts (or 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds)
- parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges
- toasted flatbread or tortilla chips
- To make lamb: Remove lamb from bone, dice meat into small cubes and transfer to medium bowl.
- Add cumin powder and salt. Toss to coat. Marinate while preparing hummus.
- To make hummus: Drain chickpeas, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Rinse chickpeas under running water then drain.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse chickpeas, chickpea liquid and garlic until chickpeas and garlic are chopped.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, salt, cumin, paprika and olive oil. Mix until smooth paste forms. Taste and adjust by adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil, as desired.
- Transfer hummus to large platter and spread it out.
- In large skillet, heat extra-virgin olive oil over high heat until hot. Add lamb and cook 30 seconds without moving.
- Turn lamb over and cook 30-60 seconds, repeating until all sides are browned. Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes.
- To serve, place cucumbers and tomatoes in well of hummus then top with lamb, pine nuts and parsley.
- Top with squeeze of lemon juice and serve with flatbread or tortilla chips.