Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons, grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 large DOLE® White Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large Dole Sweet Potatoes, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium Dole Plantains, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 3 cups packed, chopped collard greens
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pepitas
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons oil; add onion and cook 3 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, curry powder, cayenne pepper and ginger; cook 2 minutes, or until fragrant and starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer onion mixture to 3-4-quart slow cooker; add chickpeas, potatoes, plantains, broth and lentils. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours, or until potatoes and lentils are tender.
- Stir in collard greens; cook 20 minutes, or until greens are tender. Serve garnished with pepitas.