Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon stone ground Dijon mustard
- 1 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350° F and generously spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse oats until fine and flour-like. Add walnuts and pulse until blended with oat flour. Pulse in olive oil, salt and water until mixture comes together.
- Spoon walnut-oat crust mixture evenly (about 1 1/4 tablespoons each) into each muffin cup and press into bottom and partially up sides. Bake 25 minutes until crust begins to brown. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic powder, oregano and mustard until well combined. Stir in spinach, bell pepper and cheese.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly with egg-veggie mixture and bake 20 minutes, or until eggs are set. Cool slightly on wire rack before removing egg cups by carefully inserting sharp knife between crust and muffin pan.