Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 1/2 cup dried plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound Omaha Steaks Premium Ground Beef, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In medium bowl, whisk egg. Add breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and salt; stir to combine. Add beef and mix until combined. Divide mixture into four portions and shape each into oval patty about 1/2-inch thick.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat canola oil until shimmering. Add patties and sear until dark brown crust forms, about 5 minutes. Flip patties and cook until second side is browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer patties to platter.
- In same pan, add butter, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender and onions are beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix beef broth, remaining Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch; add to pan, stirring until combined.
- Return patties and any accumulated juices to pan; cover and simmer until patties are cooked through and sauce thickens slightly, 10-12 minutes.