Prep time: 18 minutes
- 1 box (13 1/4 ounces) whole-grain rotini
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 6 leaves from tarragon sprigs, chopped
- 1 cup Romano cheese grated
- Parmesan-Romano cheese (optional)
- Prepare rotini according to package directions. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook sausage 2-3 minutes, or until well browned. Add leeks, onions and mushrooms; cook until tender. Add chicken stock and simmer 3-5 minutes, or until hot. Fold sausage mixture into warm pasta. Add parsley, tarragon and Romano cheese; toss again. Top with Parmesan-Romano cheese, if desired.