Prep time: 45 minutes
Thai Peanut Dressing:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water, divided, plus additional (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 can (5 ounces) Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1-2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- To make Thai Peanut Dressing: In mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, ginger paste, fish sauce, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and whisk well. Continue adding water 1 tablespoon at a time until sauce is consistency of heavy cream.
- Note: You may not use full 1/4 cup water and could use more depending on preference of thickness.
- To make Quinoa Bowls: Heat oven to 400° F.
- In medium pot, heat water and quinoa. When it boils, turn heat to low and cover. Cook until water is absorbed and remove from heat.
- Drain and dry chickpeas. In bowl, combine chickpeas with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread chickpeas on baking sheet; bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Spiralize zucchini at medium thickness. Using potato peeler, slice carrot in thin strips. Chop red cabbage. Drain and chunk tuna.
- In two bowls, split cooked quinoa evenly. Top with carrots, zucchini, cabbage, roasted chickpeas onions and tuna.
- Season with lime juice, cilantro and Thai Peanut Dressing.