Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound veal cutlets (about 2 ounces each)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole or 2% milk
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 ounces regular or part-skim fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness.
- In small bowl, toss tomatoes and pesto to mix well; set aside.
- Place flour in shallow dish. In second shallow dish, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper, to taste, until blended. Place breadcrumbs in third shallow dish. Dip each cutlet into flour then egg mixture then breadcrumbs to coat both sides.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon butter until hot. Place half of cutlets in skillet; cook 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown and veal is cooked through, turning once. Remove cutlets; place on baking sheet.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Repeat with remaining butter and cutlets.
- Place one slice cheese on each cutlet. Bake 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted. Transfer cutlets to plate and evenly top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired.