Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 Silver Fern Farms 100% New Zealand Grass-Fed Lamb Steaks (4 ounces each)
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup natural yogurt
- 1 prepared vegetable couscous
- crumbled feta cheese
- To prepare lamb: Season lamb steaks with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To make marinade: In resealable bag or mixing bowl, combine lemon zest and juice, garlic, cumin, cilantro and yogurt.
- Using pastry brush or spoon, coat lamb steaks with marinade and let rest 15 minutes.
- Wipe excess marinade from lamb steaks. Reserve remaining marinade in bag.
- On grill warmed to high heat or skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb steaks approximately 3-4 minutes on the first sides for medium-rare steaks then flip to cook other sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Once lamb steaks are cooked to desired doneness, transfer to cutting board or plate, cover with tinfoil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice lamb steaks across grain and serve over vegetable couscous.
- Drizzle with remaining marinade, if desired, and garnish with crumbled feta cheese.