- 1 whole chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 1 ounce minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- salted water
- 1 head cauliflower
- salted water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 red onion
- 3 ounces pitted Castelvetrano or green olives, cut into quarters
- 5 ounces wild arugula
- 1 lemon, quartered
- To make lemon chicken: Marinate chicken in mixture of minced garlic, granulated garlic, paprika, smoked paprika, fennel pollen, dried oregano, coriander and salt; let sit overnight.
- To make potatoes: Boil potatoes in heavily salted water until tender. Cool, peel and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Toss with oil to coat; reserve.
- To make cauliflower: Cut cauliflower into florets and blanch in salted water 1 minute; shock in ice bath. Remove from ice and dry. Toss with mayonnaise, tamari and parsley; reserve.
- To make roasted onions: Preheat oven to 450 F. Peel onion and slice into 1-inch rings. Toss with salt and oil; roast until slightly caramelized with texture. Chill and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Bake chicken on sheet pan approximately 15 minutes. Add potatoes and cauliflower. Bake approximately 15 minutes then switch oven to broil approximately 10 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon over reserved onion.
- When chicken is crispy and reaches internal temperature of 165 F, remove from oven and add onions and olives. Plate chicken, potatoes, onions, olives and cauliflower on top of arugula and garnish with lemon.