Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups assorted fresh chopped fruits
- Frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Assorted sprinkles
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in chocolate morsels until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon.
- Place cereal in large bowl. Carefully pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal. Gently stir until cereal is completely coated with chocolate.
- Spoon cereal mixture into twenty-four 1 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Using your finger or thumb, press cereal mixture onto bottoms and up the sides of each cup, forming crusts.
- Place crusts in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Before serving, fill each crust with fresh fruit. Dollop with whipped topping. Decorate with sprinkles. Serve immediately.
Note: Extra unfilled crusts may be frozen in air-tight container for up to a month. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kid-friendly Kitchen Tips:
-Children of all ages should have an adult assistant with them at all times when cooking.
-Chefs 7 and older can measure the ingredients and help stir the melted chocolate into the cereal.
-Little ones, ages 3 to 6, will enjoy pressing the mixture into the muffin cups and decorating with the fruits and whipped cream.
-Make sure to have plenty of extra fruits for snacking while making these little pies.