Makes: 8 servings (2 crêpes each)
Prep: 10 minutes
Chill: 30 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 package (15 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace salsa con queso
- 8 slices (1 ounce each) smoked fully-cooked ham
- 1 cup Pace Picante sauce
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- Place milk, flour and eggs into a blender. Cover and blend until mixture is smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir spinach and salsa con queso in a medium bowl.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into a hot, greased nonstick skillet or crêpe pan, swirling skillet to spread batter over bottom of skillet. Cook for 1 minute or until crêpe is golden on both sides. Remove crêpe from skillet. Repeat, making 16 crêpes in all and stacking cooked crêpes.
- Place 1/2 slice ham onto each crêpe. Top each with 3 tablespoons of spinach mixture. Roll up crêpes around filling. Place filled crêpes seam-side down into 2 (2-quart) shallow microwave-safe baking dishes. Top with picante sauce and cheese.
- Microwave, one dish at a time, on high for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tip: Chill time is important for this recipe, because it allows bubbles in batter to subside, which makes crêpes less likely to tear during cooking.