Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups red California grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 450 F. Put large (10-inch) cast-iron or ovenproof skillet in oven.
- With electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs until frothy then beat in flour, milk, vanilla and salt, and beat until smooth, about 1 minute (batter will be thin). Remove skillet from oven and add 2 tablespoons butter, swirling to cover pan. Pour in batter and return to oven. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 14-19 minutes.
- While pancake is baking, in another skillet over high heat, melt remaining butter and add grapes, brown sugar and cinnamon, if desired. Cook until grapes are heated through and sugar has melted. Spoon grapes over pancake, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: 280 calories; 6 g protein; 22 g carbohydrates; 18 g fat (58% calories from fat); 10 g saturated fat (32% calories from saturated fat); 180 mg cholesterol; 380 mg sodium; 1 g fiber.