Prep Time: 20 minutes (not counting freezing times)
Total Freezing Time: 4 hours+
Servings: 8 to 10
- 2 10 3/4-ounce frozen pound cakes, crusts removed, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 4 cups raspberry sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, rinsed and picked over
- 3 tablespoons Chambord, or other raspberry-flavored liqueur
- Prepare the pan: Trace and cut out a 9-inch circle from parchment paper and fit it into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Cut out a 3- by 27-inch strip of parchment and fit around inside of pan. Tape to secure parchment paper and set aside.
- Assemble the cake: Cover bottom of pan with a single layer of pound cake slices and spread ice cream evenly over cake. Freeze until ice cream hardens – about 25 minutes.
- Spread 2 cups sorbet over ice cream, followed by another layer of pound cake slices. Return cake to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Combine raspberries and Chambord together in small bowl. Remove cake pan from freezer and place berries evenly over cake.
- Top with a final layer of pound cake and remaining sorbet. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until firm – at least 4 hours.