Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Prime Rib Roast:
- 1 Omaha Steaks Boneless Heart of Prime Rib Roast (4 pounds), thawed
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Garlic Butter Mushrooms:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup small diced yellow onion
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1 pinch kosher salt, plus additional, to taste, divided
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, plus additional, to taste, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- To make rub: In medium bowl, whisk parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, Dijon mustard, oil, salt, black pepper and paprika until well incorporated.
- To make prime rib roast: Pat prime rib roast dry on all sides with paper towels. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow roast to come to room temperature about 30 minutes.
- Rub Dijon herb rub all over prime rib roast and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- In large cast-iron pan, warm oil over medium-high heat.
- Sear roast on all sides until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place seared prime rib on wire rack-lined sheet pan and place in oven.
- Cook until internal temperature is 10 F below desired cooking doneness.
- Rest 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- To make mushrooms: In large pan, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and saute about 1 minute.
- Add minced garlic and lightly saute until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and pinch of salt and ground pepper to pan. Saute 3-4 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add chicken stock and reduce to one-third in volume, 3-4 minutes.
- Add butter and parsley to pan and saute until butter is melted and incorporated. Immediately remove from heat and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Serve mushrooms with prime rib roast.