Makes: 10-12 energy bites
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves or pieces
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, plus additional, for coating (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In bowl of food processor, combine toasted pecans, dried cherries, dates, oats, cacao powder and vanilla extract.
- Pulse until ingredients begin to bind and form loose, dough-like ball.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in additional cacao powder, if desired, and transfer to airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to seven days.
Note: To make gluten-free, substitute 1/4 cup of certified gluten-free old-fashioned oats.