- 2 heads garlic
- olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 8 ounces blanched, chopped broccoli
- salt, to taste
- 9 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- To make roasted garlic: Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice 1/4 inch off entire heads of garlic and place cut sides down in 1-liter casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt; cover with lid.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until heads of garlic are soft and light brown. Let cool then use back of knife to squeeze garlic from pods.
- To make frittata: Lower oven to 375 F.
- In saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook leeks until soft; add broccoli then season with salt, to taste, and remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, mix roasted garlic, sauteed leeks and broccoli, eggs, parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano and cream; place in 9-inch pie dish and bake approximately 20 minutes until top of frittata is brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting and serving.