Prep time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 dash salt
- 1/3 cup blueberry, raspberry, cherry, strawberry, peach or apricot fruit spread
- In large mixer bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add sour cream, half-and-half, vanilla, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and salt. Beat on low speed until combined then beat on medium speed until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours, or until cold.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into 1 1/2-quart ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In small bowl, stir fruit spread and remaining lemon juice.
- Spoon about one-third of ice cream into 2-quart food storage container. Spoon about half of fruit spread mixture in dollops over ice cream. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze 4-24 hours.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into dessert dishes.