Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for coating pan, divided
- 1 cup packed C&H Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sweetened whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- fresh fruit, such as strawberries and blueberries, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In separate bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit, if desired.