Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 cups skim milk
- In large container with lid, add sliced bananas. Use potato masher or fork to mash bananas until smooth.
- Add oats, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, half the chopped walnuts, maple syrup and milk. Combine thoroughly and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, divide among four canning jars or glass containers with lids. Top each with remaining walnuts before serving.