A common reason someone may identify as greyaroace is that they experience attraction but very infrequently. Some greyraroace people may only feel attraction once or twice in their life. Others may experience it more frequently, but still not as frequently as allo people.
Some greyaroace experiences may include:
- Experiencing attraction infrequently.
- Experience attraction very weakly.
- Feeling unsure about how to identify attraction or how to draw the line between attraction types, and consequently feeling unsure about having experienced it or not.
- Experiencing attraction that is only ambiguously romantic or sexual. Feeling alienated from romance or sex.
- Feeling attraction only in specific circumstances.
- Finding aroace a useful idea, even if it isn’t a perfect fit.